Sunday, January 3, 2016

Flash Fiction by M.J. Iuppa


Strange Looks

Mirror, Mirror, on the wall--I'm fed up with imitations.  I
will not look into your eyes this morning and be satisfied
with a summary of misgivings.  You big baby.  Don't start.
I could spoil you with a There, there, it's another day, darlin'
but perfection doesn't come without practice.  You have
to get messy now.  You have to say it with your eyes.  I will
never leave you.  Even if I turn my back on you, I will be
right back.  You can count on it.  Don't give me that face.  I'm
too busy.  I can't do this anymore.



M.J. Iuppa lives on Red Rooster Farm near the shores of Lake Ontario.  Most recent poems, lyric essays and fictions have appeared in the follow journals:  Poppy Road Review, Black Poppy Review, Digging to the Roots, 2015 Calendar, Ealain, Poetry Pacific Review, Grey Sparrow Press, Snow Jewel Anthology, 100 Word Story, Avocet, Eunoia Review, Festival Writer, Silver Birch Press, Where I Live Anthology, Turtle Island Quarterly, Wild Quarterly, Boyne Berries Magazine (Ireland), The Lake (U.K.), Punchnel's; forthcoming in Camrock Review, Tar River Poetry, Corvus Review, Clementine Poetry, Postcard Poetry & Prose, among others.  She is the Writer-in-Residence and Director of the Visual and Performing Arts Minor Program at St. John Fisher College.  You can follow her musings on art, writing and sustainability on mjiuppa.blogspot.





No comments:

Post a Comment